Monday, March 21, 2011

All in the Details

I get shamelessly giddy over putting the details of an outfit together--I truly believe that the little things can make or break a look. Sometimes it's best to keep all accessories to a strict minimum, and other times those accessories are crucial to attaining whatever vibe you're going for with your outfit.

This was a dressed-down yet feminine, somewhat preppy day. The cardigan I'm wearing is one of my absolute favorites; the ruffles are to die for--I love how whimsical and quirky they are! The tulle detailing on the sweater makes a classic staple so special.

One of my favorite ways to play with color is to combine similar shades. I love the way these two pinks work together; one would think that the combination of pink, ruffles, and cinching at the waist would result in girly-girl overkill....but somehow it doesn't. I also layered on the jewelry because of the fun way it plays off the metallic sparkles in the tulle ruffling.

Here's the full look. (My apologies for the cheesiness of this photo...it was taken during midterm week, and thus I cannot be held accountable for my actions.)
{J. Crew cardigan, J. Crew belt, Uniqlo tank, Urban Outfitters pants, J. Crew flats, gifted bangles, Madewell crystal bangle, Michael Kors watch, David Yurman ring, Dogeared necklace, Ray-Ban aviators}
I wanted to tone down the femininity of the top half of my outfit, so I went for my trusty sweatpant-trousers. So easy, so comfortable.

On another note, with Spring Break over, I'm back in action both at school and on the blog. Thanks for checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine