Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Preppy Moment

Although I do love my dearest J. Crew, I don't really consider myself a preppy dresser by any means. I initially bought this Ralph Lauren shirt because of the amazing fit and quality, and because I didn't have anything like it in my closet. But ever since then, I've been trying to figure out how to style it. I knew I needed to pair this crisp shirt (complete with a slightly over-the-top "rugby" crest and collar-stays) with something that wouldn't make me look like I was wearing my prep school uniform or on my way to an equestrian meet. 

The answer to my dilemma came in the form of these amazing pants. I've been on a trouser kick lately, and am especially drawn to those with high-waists and a slightly slouchy feel. These are, hands-down, the most comfortable pants I've ever worn. Sweatpants disguised as trousers? Genius. Plus, they give my uber-preppy shirt the decidedly downtown feel I was looking for. 

Ralph Lauren oxford, Silence + Noise via Urban Outfitters pants, Ralph Lauren belt, J. Crew flats, J. Crew headband, Ray Ban aviators, Michael Kors watch, gifted pearl earrings, gifted gold bangle
P.S. Thanks for the love, Style SC!

1 comment:

  1. I want this outfit so bad it hurts. You look adorable and I'm so upset that I didn't get to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine