Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Workwear

Before I started my internship, I was overwhelmed by the idea of having to pick a Vogue-worthy outfit every day. But by now, I've gotten a lot more relaxed about it (and realized that interns' outfits are definitely not of high importance, even at Vogue). I figured I would start showing you guys what I wear every day to work. 

{J. Crew Factory shirt, Adam Lippes via Neiman Marcus skirt, Zara shoes, Madewell necklace, David Yurman ring}
Does this shirt look familiar? It turns out that it's the current wear-to-everything piece of clothing in my closet. It's so versatile! It works as easily with a retro looking high-waisted skirt as it does with casual shorts. This skirt (seen here and here) is also a foolproof item for office wear--I love that the leather at the top of the skirt modernizes the '50s silhouette.

This necklace is one of my all-time favorite buys. I love how chunky it is, and how it works with everything from a white tee to a dress. 

Apologies for my squinty, overly enthusiastic, it's-my-first-day-of-school smile. Not quite sure what happened there. I'm going to blame it on the sun. 

P.S. Can we be twitter friends?

4 comments:

  1. you look so stylish, professional & fun! great combo! sneak some photos inside of Vogue if possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i love chambray - goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much..i was looking for this post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine