When I saw Elizabeth's post about her latest J. Crew indulgence, I instantly related. During a recent sale, I was mesmerized by the low prices and high style, and found myself with an embarrassing amount of items in my cart clicking "submit order." Unfortunately, the sale is now over, but I am sure there will be another soon.
Full disclosure: here are the items I just had to have...
1. Stowaway Dress- I know what you're thinking: another striped dress. I can't help it! They're just so easy and chic. I love this one for its demure collar, drawstring low waist, and pockets. My justification for buying this? It's the first aqua-striped item in my closet.
2. Striped Button-Back Tee- Yep, more stripes. But its mustard, my absolute favorite! And what you can't see is that it has buttons all down the back--too cute.
3. Esplanade Short- I love that the stiff material and chic color makes these shorts just a tad dressier. Perfect for trying out the shorts + heels combination.
4. Veranda Pant- I was in need of more pants in my life. I tried these on in store before purchasing to ensure a good fit. The rise is slightly high, which I love, and the heavy linen material makes these pants seriously versatile. They also have a nice, fairly wide leg, which makes them extra flattering.
5. Printed iPhone Cover- Since getting an iPhone, I've been on the hunt for a unique and pretty case. Also on my list of requirements? A color that could be seen at the bottom of my purse. I adore this case, both for its beautiful, arty design and its functionality.
6. Collins Suede Platform Peep Toes- Since I practically live in ballet flats, I don't often buy heels, unless I really fall in love, which I did in this case. I went crazy for the mustard color and platform, and I feel like I can wear them for any occasion.
7. Crystal Rays Necklace- I had been on the hunt for a slightly edgy, chunky necklace to add to my collection. I'm obsessed with the large chain and art deco-y feeling of this one.
8. Honeycomb Bracelet (out of stock)- The item that started it all! When I saw this bracelet on Emily's just-purchased list, I fell in love and knew I had to click over to the sale to snatch one up for myself. It was such a good price for a very luxe bracelet.
9. Marissa Crystal Cuff- I'm always on the lookout for beautiful bangles to add to the stack on my wrist, AKA my own personal Arm Party.
Phew. Now you know why I am officially on a shopping hiatus.