Saturday, November 27, 2010

Black Friday Finds

As per usual, I decided to brave the Black Friday sales today. And, like always, by 10 AM even in stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks, it was slim pickings. But I did manage to find some things I really love...

Having rediscovered my obsession with red, it's no surprise I went for these luscious cranberry suede pumps. I had seen (and tried on, and cried over) a pair of the most gorgeous berry-colored Prada suede heels (along with the most beautiful pair of YSL platforms every created) earlier in the day, and had decided I needed to find a more reasonably priced pair to tide me over until I can get my paws on those of the designer variety. I want to pair these with cuffed jeans for instant glamour.
I picked up an ultra-preppy blazer at Zara. It actually looks a little frumpy in this photo, but it fits like a glove. And I can wear it year-round. Right now, I'm wanting to put it together with leggings or black skinny jeans and riding boots.

I have been needing some ankle booties for a long time. These are from Madewell (big surprise), and they're my ideal pair. They're ridiculously versatile; I can wear them with almost everything in my closet, especially for the cold weather months. There is also built-in platform inside the shoe, which is great because it elongates my otherwise short legs. I love the height and weight of the heel--just right for wearing these puppies all over town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine