Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Fair Lady

Feast your eyes on the stunning Anne Hathaway, cover girl of the November issue of Vogue. When I saw these pictures I nearly died.





She's so classically beautiful, and refreshingly real-looking. She reminds me of Old Hollywood (clearly channeling Audrey Hepburn). Or a princess. Or a combination of the two.

The photos...is it just me, or are they a bit of a departure for the magazine? The pictures are simple, and it is their simplicty that makes them so breathtaking. They, and Miss Hathaway, look effortless. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Vogue devotee forever and always, but the mag's shoot concepts are often complex, and sometimes result in the accidental obscuring of the model/celebrity and even the clothing. The minimalism of this shoot-- the colors, lighting, and styling--makes it a triumphant success. And the star, of course.



I am in awe.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine,
    I love your blog. Keep it up! How 'bout a picture of my fashionista, Sarah?
    Love,
    Julie Ferrie (Sarah's mom)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine