Monday, October 25, 2010

Here Comes The Sun

Today the sun is finally peeking through the heavy clouds that have been presiding over LA for the past few days. As I reached for my Ray-Bans this morning, I realized it was about time for me to switch things up a bit.

I have been wearing my aviators for as long as I can remember. They're so iconic, and have this magic power of making any outfit a little sharper. And they manage to look good on almost everyone.

But after a long-term relationship with my aviators, I'm kind of thinking of cheating on them with something that's a little more fashion conscious. I'm really loving the vintage trend, especially the cat-eye. These glasses add instant glamour, no matter what you're wearing. 

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.


1. Dior. Pair these with red lipstick for a minx-y look.
2. Alexander McQueen. The flash of yellow is a fun addition to this dramatic pair.
3. Marc By Marc Jacobs. The striping on these is fun, and the round shape is versatile. Plus, at under $100, they're a steal.
4. Tory Burch. I love the tortoise-shell/cat-eye combo. Very classic.
5. Gucci. This squarish shape is a great option if you don't want the full blown kitty look.
6. MDG Madonna for Dolce & Gabanna. This is a supercool mix of an aviator and cat-eye shape. For those of us that can't quite part with our Ray-Bans but love this retro look, this is a really unique alternative.

I'm a smitten kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine