Thursday, February 24, 2011

Diametrically Opposed

I've been told many times that I'm hard to shop for, but I really don't understand why that is. I can usually find something to love in all styles of clothing. 

Two of my favorite ready-to-wear collections are about as different as can be, and yet, I love them both.

Steve Alan--a line I started crushing on not too long ago--produced another amazing collection for Fall 2011. The looks are gorgeously subtle with cute, quirky touches.






On the other hand, Alice and Olivia, my go-to brand for all things girly, glitzy, and glamorous, produced a Fall 2011 collection that is anything but subtle. The brand went for a fun, flapper vibe. 











Despite my yet-to-be-tamed obsession with all things '70s, it was refreshing to see a collection channeling a different decade (minus the fabulous high-waisted leather, brocade, and velvet pants).

Who says you have to pick one style? I love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine