Monday, February 6, 2012

Going Dutch (Or, how I learned to beat the freeze.)

{Madewell parka, jeans, and scarf, Elizabeth and James shearling sweatshirt, J. Crew gloves, Urban Outfitters boots, Uniqlo socks, Flea Market Girl necklace}
I'm so excited to finally be able to post from Amsterdam! It's been a little over one week since I arrived, and perhaps the most shocking change of all has been the weather. My last outfit post seems like it was from a different world--I'm now becoming accustomed to temperatures about 65 degrees colder than the weather I left behind in Los Angeles. But I've finally figured out the clothing that keeps me warm while avoiding the giant snowball look. 

Layering is crucial, of course, and this E&J shearling sweatshirt has so far proven to be the most valuable cold weather item I brought with me. 


With Europe experiencing the coldest winter in recent memory, including record amounts of snowfall, these UO boots have proven to be incredibly essential. I've barely taken them off since arriving.

To document my study abroad experience, I've also started a Tumblr
Hope to be posting again soon from warmer temperatures!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That must be so exciting! I'm going to be studying abroad in the fall and can't wait to hear all your tips and tricks. I especially want to hear about you staying all chic (despite being bundled up!) overseas with a small closet. I followed your tumblr too - best of luck!

    if you have a chance, check out my blog!
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Amsterdam looks really cold! Colder even than Lyon! Your boots look really comfy though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've made such a (for lack of a better word) functional outfit look so chic! I hope you're having a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine