Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Big Red Door







{Zara shirt, Urban Outfitters jeans, Madewell jacket and loafers, Target belt, Coach purse, Flea Market Girl wishbone, Invicta watch, Amsterdam boutique scarf}

While looking for a place to take photos last week, we stumbled upon this positively charming red door around the corner from our favorite breakfast joint, right across the street from our apartment. It's like a barn in the middle of Amsterdam!

Speaking of red, I recently picked up this shirt at Zara in a moment of desperation: I was craving color. After weeks of neutral-hued outfits, I was ready for a bright change. This steal of a shirt--on sale for 7 euro!--did just the trick, and, coupled with my new favorite mustard scarf (purchased from an adorable shop in the middle of Amsterdam), pulled me right out of my dreary-colored funk. Although I've created some very strict guidelines for myself in terms of shopping abroad (more on that later), I must say that these two purchases were worth every cent. Retail therapy indeed.

{my study abroad tumblr is here}
{Teen Vogue Fashion Click posts are here}

6 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your classic style. looks like you're having a great time in amsterdam! xx sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to need to set myself limits...granted, when I'm doing my semester abroad one of my #1 goals is to shop shop shop! I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do...we'll have to see! Loving the outfit. :]]

    -Z
    zplustheworld.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit look so relaxed and stylish. I looove that shirt!

    Good for you, setting shopping limits while you're abroad. Goodness knows, I wouldn't be able limit myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine