Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oscar Favorites

With the end of the decade coming faster than I can believe it, I decided to give special note to the Oscar dresses of the past ten years that have made the biggest impact on me. 
This is my favorite red carpet look of all time, not just the decade. I believe this was the moment when my obsession with the color mustard began, and her red lips pair perfectly with the bright gown. I absolutely love that Michelle's hair, makeup, and jewelry give the dress a vintage look, but the overall effect is pure modernity.  

I love how regal Reese Witherspoon looks in this vintage gem of a dress. The neckline is perfect, and the detailing is absolutely gorgeous. No one pulls off the princess look better than Reese.

I remember recalling how much I thought Anne Hathaway resembled a trophy when I saw her in this dress. It truly looks like it was made for her body. I love that her skin almost perfectly matches the cream beading on the dress--monochrome chic at its best. In my opinion, this is the most elegant look of the red carpet this decade.

This dress felt avant-garde against a sea of pretty, but very plain, gowns. Marion Cotillard made a huge statement in this gown, and it worked. I love every bit of this mermaid-y look, from the scales to the trumpet skirt. 

1. Michelle Williams at the 2006 Oscars in Vera Wang
2. Reese Witherspoon at the 2006 Oscars in vintage 1955 Christian Dior
3. Anne Hathaway at the 2009 Oscars in Giorgio Armani Prive
4. Marion Cotillard at the 2008 Oscars in Jean Paul Gaultlier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Can't wait to read! xx Katherine